Apply for job role
Call us or fill in the form below
|Service||The Greater Cambridge Partnership|
|Duration||Initial 13 weeks then extended|
|Hours per week||37|
|Rate||£25.03 per hour, PAYE/£48,302|
We are seeking a Senior Delivery Project Manager for The Greater Cambridge Partnership (GCP) on behalf of Cambridgeshire County Council.
The Greater Cambridge area of Cambridge and South Cambridgeshire is set to grow by up to 30% over the next 15 years – with the population rising by 65,000 to 338,000 by 2031 (from 273,000 in 2011).
Population and jobs growth means trips on the transport network will increase by between 25,000 and 44,000 by 2031 (from 101,000 in 2011).
By 2031:- Traffic in Cambridge will increase by over 30% in the morning peak
– Traffic in South Cambridgeshire will increase by almost 40% in the morning peak
– The time spent in congestion will more than double.
The aim of GCP is to:
– Ease congestion and prioritise greener and active travel, making it easier for people to travel by bus, rail, cycle or on foot to improve average journey time
– Keep the Greater Cambridge area well connected to the regional and national transport network, opening up opportunities by working closely with strategic partners
– Reallocate limited road space in the city centre and invest public transport (including Park & Ride) to make bus travel quicker and more reliable
– Build an extensive network of new cycle-ways, directly connecting people to homes, jobs, study and opportunity, across the city and neighbouring villages
– Help make people’s journeys and lives easier by making use of research and investing in cutting-edge technology
– Connect Cambridge with strategically important towns and cities by improving our rail stations, supporting the creation of new ones and financing new rail links
This role will be set up for an initial 13 weeks and the extended up to 6-12 months.
Four days per week will be based in Greater Cambridge, currently Shire Hall, Cambridge although may move to another location during the course of this work. There is the potential to work remotely the remaining day per week, with the agreement of the Transport Director.
We work directly with Cambridgeshire County Council to fill vacancies. Register today to be made aware of all our live jobs.
Call us or fill in the form below
“I have dealt with Opus several times when recruiting temporary staff to my team. My requests are dealt with in a professional and friendly manner, and I know that I can approach them with any questions that I may have. Excellent service.”
Emma Williamson, Senior System Support Officer (Cambridgeshire County Council)
“Opus was very helpful in the recruitment process, I was lucky enough to get a placement within the council instantly. The team are incredibly friendly and are always happy to help.”
Jamaal Guthrie, Customer Service Advisor
“I just wanted to say how marvellous the LGSS recruitment team have been. I’ve got quite a few temps/vacant positions needing support and having Opus LGSS’ support has made everything so much easier. I’ve managed to fill one of my posts and I have interviews lined up for the others…”
Kelly Greenhill, Information and Support Team Manager (Northamptonshire County Council)
“The most important value that I have experienced while working with Opus, is the personal interface with the recruitment consultants. Being on hand and offering the opportunity to discuss the role and the type of candidate with the right level of skills and attitude.”
Tanya Pascual, Major Infrastructure Programme Manager (Cambridgeshire County Council)
“I highly recommend Opus as an agency. They were extremely supportive through all the recruitment process and the relevant paperwork. I’m thoroughly enjoying my new role and my colleagues are extremely friendly.”
Andreea Catarov, Business Support Officer